5 MINUTES, BIG REWARDS
Breakfast cereal is quick and easy. Five minutes is all it takes for most Australians to make and eat a bowl of breakfast cereal.1 And for around 50 cents a serve, a bowl of breakfast cereal and milk is also great value.2
- are nutrient dense – giving you essential nutrients you need each day in a small amount of kilojoules3
- are mostly low in fat 4-8
- are based on all sorts of wholesome grains – oats, rice, corn, wheat, barley, buckwheat, sorghum, to name a few
- can be good sources of fibre and wholegrains 4-7
- can be good sources of vitamins and minerals such as folate, B vitamins, Vitamin C, iron, zinc and magnesium4-9
- are usually eaten with milk, which provides even more nutrients, especially protein and calcium3,4
Which one is best for you?
There are a wide variety of breakfast cereal products to suit individual tastes, health and nutrition needs and lifestyles.
If you have specific dietary requirements or health needs, we recommend you contact an Accredited Practising Dietitian for expert advice on the range of breakfast cereals that are best for you.